These two days are zero days. Spent the time resting, sleeping and eating.
I had the hiking shirt I started out with and wanted to keep it until the end. That however is not going to happen as the shirt is literally rotting out on me and it has been rubbing under my armpits pretty bad. I think I lost weight and it does not fit right either anymore. So I picked up a new shirt in town and I hope it will work.
Also, I have been thinking a lot about the weather system in the mountains right now. Rain, wind and potential thunderstorms. I called the Appalachian Trail Conservancy and the Appalachian Mountain Club to get their opinions on if one should hike or not over the Presidential Range. They let me know what to expect if I go. If one is prepared it should be hikeable, but not pleasant was the consensus for experienced backpackers with the right gear. It of course would be slow going, but most of the trail is granite and provides ok traction in wet weather.
It is driving me nuts on deciding to hike or wait it out actually. I am in a moment of indecision right now. There are side trails in some areas that keep me off the peaks in a few areas. But in other areas there are very few options to exit the peaks and ridges in bad weather. I think come morning, I will be back on trail.